Have your say on proposals for children with special educational needs and disabilities in Oxfordshire
You are being invited to contribute to two consultations on plans to develop a more inclusive approach to supporting children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in Oxfordshire.
Two interlinked consultations will run together between Monday 10 January and Thursday 10 March 2022:
- The council and its partners are seeking views on a draft Local Area SEND Strategy to develop high-quality services across education, health, and social care to support children and young people and their families.
- Oxfordshire County Council’s proposals for system reform for SEND include making more high-quality SEND education available closer to home, reducing reliance on out-of-county provision, and improving educational outcomes for children through closer partnerships between the council and schools.
The council would like to hear your views. There is one feedback survey in which you can respond to one or both consultations. You can find this survey and the key documents at: letstalk.oxfordshire.gov.uk/SEND-2022
The council and its partners are seeking views on:
- Improving outcomes for children with SEND.
- Developing a ‘continuum’ (a broad range) of provision to meet the requirements of children and young people with SEND.
- Ensuring good physical and mental health and wellbeing.
- Improving post-16 education, learning, employment and training to prepare young people for adulthood.
- Supporting an education system where parents and carers have confidence that their children’s needs will be understood and met in their local school.
- Offering a range of specialist learning provisions for some young people who have a high level of need.
- Making every effort to use effectively and efficiently all the resources available to young people.
Have your say by:
- Visiting oxfordshire.gov.uk/SEND-2022
- Attending an online roadshow. There will be five events between 31 January and 16 February. At these, senior leaders will explain the proposals and answer any questions that you may have. Visit oxfordshire.gov.uk/SEND-2022 for dates and times, and to book your place.