Update for parents: Tuesday 26th May 3 p.m.
Dear parents/ carers,
As you will be aware, on Sunday 24th May the Government announced that wider opening for secondary schools is now from Monday 15th June. On Monday 25th May the secondary guidance detailing the expectations for our wider opening was published.
We assume that the Government is still going to review their position on Thursday 28th May against the five key tests but we are no longer really sure.
Having carefully read the secondary guidance document what I can now tell you is
- Staff at the campus will still meet remotely for an INSET day on Monday 1st June to discuss our way forward for summer term 2.
- For summer term 2 we will continue to provide ongoing support for our vulnerable students and the children of key workers.
- It is still only Y10 and Y12 who will be invited into school at the moment from Monday 15th June.
- There must be a maximum of a quarter of students from these year groups in school at any one time.
- The key message from the Government seems to be that our plans must avoid too much mixing of staff and children.
- Movement to and from school by our students is going to be the most difficult issue for parents and school staff to manage. It is quite clear that the children must still continue with the social distancing strategy that seems to have reduced the impact of the virus so far. We will ensure that we stagger starts and finishes, but we will need your help in educating the children so that they do not gather in groups or walk together in groups whilst on the way to/from the campus.
I wish you all the best for the rest of this week and will update everyone again at the beginning of next week or earlier if we have more information.
‘Miles in May’
Here’s a fantastic initiative from Mr Merrick to get all Staff, Students and Parents active during the month of May.
Please take part and record your miles! On 1st June, email your total to email@example.com
Letter to parents from Aspirations Trust 29th April 2020
Year 9, 10 and 12 Google Classroom codes and Support documents
Art class codes for Year 9 have changed. Please use the codes below:
Here are some useful links:
Seeing your work: https://support.google.com/edu/classroom/answer/6020284
Submitting your work: https://support.google.com/edu/classroom/answer/6020285
Troubleshooting guide: https://support.google.com/edu/classroom/answer/6315899?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
Google Classroom Mentor Codes 2019-2020
Download Google Classroom codes for mentor groups here: Mentor Codes
For Google Classroom codes for subjects see below.
Please click on the link for information on how exams will be graded for Year 11 and Year 13 students for Summer 2020 GCSE, AS and A level, Extended Project Qualification and Advanced Extension Award in maths. Guidance for teachers, students, parents and carers
Health and Wellbeing
See our Health and Wellbeing page for web links for community health groups, statutory sick pay and entitlements due to the Coronavirus, stress and emotional health advice and Covid-19 resources.
Letter to Year 11 students and parents/carers
Click to download the Letter to Year 11 students and parents/carers 23rd March 2020