BTEC Nationals: Engineering extended certificate
Course entry requirements: Science and Additional Science Grade 5 or GCSE Physics Grade 5, Maths grade 5
OVERVIEW OF COURSE:
The course is taught over two years and is the equivalent of 1 A-Level. There are 4 mandatory units. The mandatory units will ensure students are mastering the foundations of essential knowledge and skills.
Mandatory units are
- Engineering Principles
- Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a Team
- Engineering Product Design and Manufacture
COURSE DETAILS AND ASSESSMENT INFORMATION:
BTEC Nationals in engineering students will apply their learning through practical assessments in the form of internally assessed assignments and externally assessed:
- Tasks and written exams.
- Engineering Principles – written exam
- Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a Team – assignment
- Engineering Product Design and Manufacture – task
WHERE CAN THIS COURSE TAKE ME?
Technical Levels in Engineering offer learners modern, work-related qualifications which open the door to higher education and a career because they:
- are each designed with a clear purpose to support defined progression routes into higher education or employment
- build high-level skills such as teamwork, creative thinking and presentation skills.
- develop independent research and study skills essential for success at university.
I CAN FIND OUT MORE INFORMATION BY
You can contact the school on 01295 251451. For subject specific information https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/engineering/tech-level/design-engineering-2016